Do you remember a time in your life when you were so excited over something? I remember when I turned 10, or maybe it was 11, that my mom's side of the family threw me a surprise Birthday party. I happened to have found out before the party and the entire drive to my aunt's house I sang "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it". Yeah, I will finally admit to it.
Have you ever seen your children so happy and excited that they are jumping up and down while clapping their hands? Well, I am that excited. If I wasn't so exhausted I probably would be doing just that.
Some of you may know that I serve in the Primary Presidency as the first counselor for our ward. This year I was asked to write the Primary Sacrament Meeting Program. What a HUGE job that ended up being. I have prayed, researched, and stressed so much the last 4 months. I didn't have much support and I am also a HUGE perfectionist that I ended up orchestrating the whole thing. The last couple of weeks have been nothing but passing out parts, re-passing out parts, adding parts for new children moved into the ward, reminding children with written parts, rehearsals, and on top of it all, Sharing Time for Senior Primary. I am exhausted!!!
But, it is done!!! Sunday was our Primary Sacrament Meeting Program. I am so happy it is over and that it went so well. Kaylee was great! She was one of only two that had her part memorized. The rest either had to have their teacher help them or they read their part. I am very proud that she was willing to memorize it and that she was able to memorize it so quickly.
What an awesome experience it ended up being! There were many times that I would read the program and be so filled with the spirit that I was in tears. I have received a lot of compliments from ward members saying that they were so touched or that a certain part was so powerful.
This year's theme of "I Am a Child of God" was perfect. Everybody, old or young, needs that little reminder every now and then and I hope that the program did just that.
But, I do have to say "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!"



1 comment:
It's really about time that you admit that you did that! You were so annoying that day! I am so glad that your program went so well. You know that's why you were asked to do it...because they knew that you would do it and do a great job at it too!
Post a Comment