Wow! I can't believe Halloween is done and over with and we are now in the month of November. This year has seriously flown by.
Halloween ended up being a pretty busy day for us. I left my house at 10:15 AM and didn't get home until after 5:00 PM only to throw on Mason's costume for trick or treating then back out the door until almost 10:00 PM. Let me explain.
This year I had the opportunity to do Kaylee's Halloween party at school. It was a huge project that I ended up planning all by myself. It wasn't suppose to be that way, but the other mom who was suppose to help me wouldn't return my calls. What else could I do, right? Anyway, the whole week I was making all of the games for the party. I had a blast that day and it seems like the kids had fun too. The moms that came were huge helpers and complimented me on the party. Kaylee's teacher even said that this was the first time she was able to sit down and enjoy watching the kids play and not have to do anything. Big relief for me that it was such a hit!
We started out playing Halloween Bingo (thanks Sondra for the cards). Some of the kids had a hard time understanding the game, but I think they had fun.
After that, we separated into 4 different stations that the kids rotated through. One was a craft center. A mom donated little wooden masks that the kids were able to color with markers. This was Kaylee's favorite center. The masks were so cute. The kids had a choice between a witch, cat, Frankenstein, mummy, and a ghost. That's only to name the ones I can remember. Here is Kaylee's witch.
Halloween ended up being a pretty busy day for us. I left my house at 10:15 AM and didn't get home until after 5:00 PM only to throw on Mason's costume for trick or treating then back out the door until almost 10:00 PM. Let me explain.
This year I had the opportunity to do Kaylee's Halloween party at school. It was a huge project that I ended up planning all by myself. It wasn't suppose to be that way, but the other mom who was suppose to help me wouldn't return my calls. What else could I do, right? Anyway, the whole week I was making all of the games for the party. I had a blast that day and it seems like the kids had fun too. The moms that came were huge helpers and complimented me on the party. Kaylee's teacher even said that this was the first time she was able to sit down and enjoy watching the kids play and not have to do anything. Big relief for me that it was such a hit!
We started out playing Halloween Bingo (thanks Sondra for the cards). Some of the kids had a hard time understanding the game, but I think they had fun.
After that, we separated into 4 different stations that the kids rotated through. One was a craft center. A mom donated little wooden masks that the kids were able to color with markers. This was Kaylee's favorite center. The masks were so cute. The kids had a choice between a witch, cat, Frankenstein, mummy, and a ghost. That's only to name the ones I can remember. Here is Kaylee's witch.
Next station was "Don't Eat Casper". I don't know if any of you are familiar with "Don't Eat Pete". This game is just the same but you yell "Don't eat Casper" instead. I had a packet of fruit snacks for each child that they put on a grid that had different pictures of Casper in the squares. When the fruit snacks were in place, that child turned around and closed their eyes. The rest of us decided which one was Casper and the child turned around and started eating their fruit snacks. When they reached for the fruit snack that was Casper, we all yelled "Don't eat Casper!" All of the kids would giggle when it scared them.
Another station was Feed the Monster. Jeramy made the monster for this one. It was so cute. The kids threw play food into the monster's mouth at three different lengths from the box.
Last station was Ghost Bowling. We had a set of bowling pins and bowling balls that I decorated into Ghosts. The kids had so much fun with this game. I felt bad. One of the moms on this station got smacked in the face with the plastic ball. Luckily it didn't hurt and all the kids just giggled.
After the stations, we got together for a Haunted Halloween Walk (cake walk) while "Purple People Eater" song was played. When the name of their picture was called, they got their glazed doughnut (which was orange with sprinkles-very cool) and apple cider. And that was it! Over all, it was a huge hit. Kaylee is still talking about it.
So, after Kaylee's party, we got ready for trick or treating. Here are my kids in their costumes.
Jeramy even got in the action. I am still laughing so hard with this. We have a neighbor up the road who is really good friends with Jeramy. Well, Jeramy decided to dress up like Jody. Jody is a crane operator at Build Inc. Jeramy just happened to have a Build Inc. shirt that he wore that day. He stuffed his stomach with a pillow and I shaved the top of his head.



No comments:
Post a Comment