Saturday, July 26, 2008

4th of July

The fourth of July is a big thing at our house. This is Jeramy's favorite holiday. Probably because he gets to light stuff off.

We started the day with the Magna Parade. I think each year it gets bigger and bigger. Mason's favorite was the firetruck and when his Nursery teacher threw candy at him from her float. Kaylee really liked the royalty floats (there were probably 4 to 6 of those). She called them all princesses seeing them with the crowns and big dresses.

Mason was so cute waving to everything that went by.

That evening, we had a small party with the Mott's and the Lane's. Just a small BBQ and fireworks at our house. Here is Kaylee with a sparkler. She loved the sparklers but Mason wouldn't have anything to do with them. I would ask him if he wanted to hold one and his reply was "Mommy hold it".

No, No Jeramy didn't start this. Thank Goodness!!! We have a perfect view of the Magna Firework show from our driveway. After the grand finale, I noticed that it was still glowing orange over where they set the fireworks off and mentioned to Jeramy and Steve Mott that there was a fire. They didn't believe me until it kept getting bigger. We finally had to drive by, so I could prove I was right, and take pictures. The field across 2100 South (Kennecott property) caught on fire. I guess a big gust of wind blew sparks to the dry brush. So, needless to say, we might not have Magna Fireworks next year since Kennecott is who sponsors the show.

It burned about 50 acres through the night. Caused about $250,000 worth of damage since power poles and a pump house were burned up. It was quite an exciting night.

No comments: