Friday, February 13, 2009

Nothing To Blog About

Nothing too exciting has happened the last little while so I haven't updated my blog. It's good though. Especially after my last post. I'll take nothing over that! So, here are the little things that have happened:

Last week Jeramy's company laid off four employees that were working with him on a project. I guess the company was told to pull back by those they were bailing out and since there was no other jobs out there, four people had to go. I'm not going to lie, we were scared!!! Luckily, Jeramy wasn't one of those four let go. There are two projects coming up where Jeramy is lucky enough to go and work on two temples. There is only 6 people with temple recommends in the company (two of which are bosses) so that limits those they can send. Needless to say, we have learned the lesson that it pays to do what is right. Literally!

Kaylee right now is off track again. I swear that girl is never in school. Since November 1st, she has only been in school maybe 8 weeks. Lets see, she had the whole month of November off; went back for three weeks to have two more weeks off for Winter Break. She went back to school for 5 weeks to have the rest of February off. Go figure!!! But, I am counting this as a blessing because that means I don't have to wake up at 5:45 AM to take Jeramy to work so I can get Kaylee to school. I do have to say though, I have had a couple of people help me out in getting her to school and I am so thankful for their help.

I had the opportunity to help out in Kaylee's class last Friday for a Valentine's Day party. A couple weeks prior, I received a letter from her teacher saying that due to lack of volunteers, the party was cancelled. The next day, I was down talking to her teacher finding out what I could do to make a party happen. Luckily, I wasn't the only mom. I signed up to do everything but go and supervise originally. I didn't know I could take Hailee (the one year old I watch everyday) with me. I'm just glad that something was done and the kids had fun.

Mason is still Mason. Very full of energy. He is now exploring his imagination and it is so fun to watch him play. Some of the things he comes up with just makes me laugh. He seriously cheers me up when I'm down. He gives the best hugs a mom could ask for! His new thing is that he is very opinionated about what he wears. Yesterday, I put him in jeans and his Bronco's Football shirt. He cried for about 20 minutes because it wasn't his army outfit. I'll pull out a shirt and he'll shake his head "Mmm.. Not that one". I'll go through the stacks at least three times before he decides.

Mason now has a little friend he loves to play with. When I went to Kaylee's school for her party, I dropped him off at my friend Kristi's house to play with her son Tyson. Tyson is about 3 months younger than Mason and they play so well together. When I picked Mason up, he pouted all the way to the car because he didn't want to go. Tonight, we are having Tyson over to play and Mason has asked at least once an hour when Tyson is coming. It should be interesting!

Well, that's about it for now. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Fun to read your updates - even just the day to day Mom stuff! Awesome to 'see' you in this phase of life!