Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not For The Weak Stomach

So, Monday, I received a phone call from Jeramy at work. There was a small accident with him and his concrete saw. He tells me it was no big deal. Just a scratch. His buddy at work then sends me these pictures. They are cell phone pictures and don't do justice for what it actually looked like.

Yeah, if you moved it just right, you could see his knee cap.

Just a scratch, my left foot!!! No scratch would bleed like that. And, what worried him the most was his brand new Christmas socks that got blood on them. Needless to say, those pants are ruined. The Christmas socks, I'm still working on.
Luckily that day he was working a split shift. He got off at noon (he did this at 11:30 AM) and had to be back to work by 6:00 PM. It took me two hours to convince him into going to the doctor for stitches. He ended up with 5 stitches on the outside. They did the stitches a little differently because some parts of the cut got cauterized by the hot saw. The doctor wanted to trim those parts off but Jeramy wouldn't hear of it so they sewed him up by pinching the two sides together like you would do two pieces of fabric. There would have been more stitches if they would have done them the regular way. And, they would have done inside stitches if they had anything to grab onto and pull together. Needless to say, he did a great job cutting himself.
His knee is doing lots better. He walked with a limp for about 2 days, but he was back to work that night. I've been babying him this last week. I feel horrible that he hurt it. He comes home and right to the recliner to elevate it. It swells now and then, but he'll be okay. I guess it comes with the profession. I can't think about it or I worry all day. The week before he electrocuted himself with the saw. If he didn't love what he did...

2 comments:

Lara said...

Oh my - the things that can happen around a saw! Thank heavens it was only stitches!!!

Knudsen Family said...

Oh, just a scratch huh! Looks awesome. Some people are just so accident prone...he seems to be one of them!