Our Christmas Holiday started out Christmas Eve. We went over to Tracy's for the kids to open up presents from Donny and Tracy. Mason got a John Deere tractor, which is metal, and Kaylee got a Barbie head that she can style the hair, which was a good thing because she decided she wanted one 2 weeks before Christmas and after I had all her shopping done!
That night, we came home and opened up our Christmas pajamas. Sad thing was that I had to hurry and wrap them before we went to Tracy's. Usually, everything is wrapped and under the Christmas tree. This year, all the wrapping was done Christmas Eve. I know. I was horrible!!!
The kids were excited for Santa to come. They helped Jeramy to put out the treats for Santa. We don't do the normal milk and cookies at our house. It was a Pepsi, slim jims, gummy bears, and cheese. All I know is that Santa probably had bad heart burn after visiting our house!
Mason wanted to sleep in Kaylee's room that night so we set up the little sleeping bag for him. I stayed up reading Christmas books while Jeramy and Shorty put together a few last minute items. Kaylee fell asleep pretty fast. Mason on the other hand, I fought for probably 2 hours to get him asleep. He kept trying to come downstairs to see all the presents. He was excited.
Christmas morning came bright and early. Jeramy, every year, is the one that gets everyone else up. We were up at 6:00 AM. All he had to do was go into Kaylee's room and say her name and she was wide awake. I could barely get out of bed before he had both kids downstairs checking out their presents.
After opening up presents, we hurried and cleaned up the wrapping paper and started breakfast. We had my mom & dad, Shorty, Kayla & fam, Donny and Tracy, and Paul, Kristy & fam over for breakfast. Plus the missionaries. It was good food and lots of fun!
Next, we went to the theatre to watch "Bedtime Stories". Before we got up to the cashier to pay, their power went out. We stayed around for about 15 minutes before we gave up and went home. Don't worry. We went Friday after Jeramy got off work. It was a pretty good show.
Jeramy did the best thing ever Christmas day! After we gave up on the movie, I came home and laid down. While I took a much needed 3 hour nap, he cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast. I told him that was better than any gift I received that day! I am still so happy he did that.
Later that night, we went over to my Mom and Dad's house for Lemon Ma range Pie. A tradition my parents started a couple of years ago in remembrance of my Grandpa Stewart. He was born on Christmas. That way we were able to see what they got and spend some time with my family. We do our Christmas party on the Saturday before Christmas since the holiday is a busy time for everyone and Sondra lives further away from us.
Also, the pink and green thing hanging on the door behind them is the Barbie case that my mom and I made. It can hold 18 barbies and 5 big pockets on the bottom for accessories. It just hangs on the back of her door. I love it!
Well, that was our Christmas in a nutshell.



No comments:
Post a Comment