Monday, February 16, 2009

The Prayer Of A Two Year Old

Last night when I put Mason down for bed, we knelt down to say his night-time prayers. Mason is very independent right now so I am not able to help him with his prayers. He does really well for someone who is still learning and is 2 years old.

He started out his prayer like your suppose to. He said thanks and even blessed that Daddy would be safe at work. Then out of the blue, in the middle of a sentence, he said "Guess what Heavenly Father? Hailee is coming tomorrow. Not Emily and Jake though. Their dad's home tomorrow." He went on as if he was talking to a friend. It definitely brought a smile to my face. I had to bring him back to the task at hand, but it is so cute to see him develop a relationship with his Father In Heaven and know it is important to pray.

No comments: