Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This last weekend has been really nice. Jeramy hasn't had to work so we were all together as a family for 3 whole days!!! That hasn't happened for a really long time. We did lots of things together as a family so it ended up being a very busy weekend.

Saturday, we took the kids to Hollywood Connections and went miniature golfing. The kids had a blast. Mason would hit the ball then run after it to pick it up. Then he would place his ball maybe an inch or two from the hole, hit it again into the whole and yell "I win!" He was so much fun to watch.


Jeramy, my "pro-golfer", came up with the strangest ways to hit the ball. Good thing we didn't keep track of the score. We both did horrible.

That night, we had Shorty's family and Don and Tracy (Jeramy's cousins) over for dinner. Jeramy and I wanted Chinese food, including egg rolls. It was great to have everyone over. We had to laugh at Shorty and Kayla's boys though. A few weeks ago we got the first Nintendo with Mario 3 from my brother. Those boys had a hard time figuring out that game. I guess there weren't enough buttons or something on the controller. That's the only game I can play Nintendo wise. It brings back so many memories playing those game.

Sunday, church was really nice. I spoke in sacrament the week prior so it was nice sitting with my family knowing that I won't have to do that again for awhile. The joke now is that the bishopric is going to work really hard on Jeramy to get him to speak. We'll see!

We went to Tracy's Sunday for dinner. It was a cold and stormy day so the kids ended up inside. After dinner all the kids went into the front room to play while the adults sat in the kitchen talking or went into the backroom to play the Wii. Poor Kaylee fell into the register vent and sliced her toe pretty good. She does not do well when it comes to blood. She was screaming frantically. I pulled her on my lap while Jeramy applied pressure and stopped the bleeding. Looking at it now it probably could have used a few stitches. We put a butterfly bandaid on it and then another bandaid.

The picture really doesn't do it justice. Poor thing is having a rough time walking on it. It hasn't split back open or bled any since the incident so she'll be okay.

Today, we took the kids to The Living Planet Aquarium. We saw 3 different types of Jelly Fish, Sea Horses (my favorite), an octopus, lobster, sharks, corral, clown fish, star fish, and Kaylee was able to pet a sting ray. There was a fresh water aquarium section as well with trout, frogs, and lots of other fish I can't name. It was a blast!! The kids loved it.

Here's the only good picture I got of what we saw.

Here's a picture of them petting the sting ray. The water was pretty deep that Mason couldn't feel them without getting all wet. Jeramy had to pick Kaylee up and hold her over the water for her to feel them.

What a great, eventful weekend this turned out to be. Now, back to every day, normal life. It was great while it lasted!

No comments: