I've decided that being a Mom is the hardest job I have ever excepted! It is the best job I could want, but it has it days.
Kaylee has been off track for the last 2 weeks. She starts back up on Sept 8th. These past two weeks have been tough. Her and Mason have fought almost the entire time. I love Kaylee dearly, but she is always trying to "mother" Mason. I hear several times during the day "Mason, if you help sissy, I'll give you..." Usually it's a sticker (thanks to my mom for giving her a booklet of them) but there have been other things she tries to bribe him with. During the summer I had hardly any problems with the two. I don't know what the deal is now that she is off track.
Now, Mason isn't the little angel either. I have had to get after him for not talking nicely, scratching, spitting, kicking, hitting, you name it. Both of them have sat in their rooms quite a lot the past two weeks.
So, Thursday was the worst! My patience had run thin. Both had sat in their rooms twice before lunch. I was trying to get some major house cleaning done like: dusting, windexing, mopping floors, stuff you don't get to on a daily basis. I had visiting teachers coming at 4 and a Primary presidency meeting at my house at 7. I had used the oven while making lunch and noticed too late that I forgot to clean the spill from the time before. So I opened the kitchen windows to air at the house. It was about 2:30 in the afternoon so I had an hour and a half before my visiting teachers showed up. Well, here I am standing on a chair in the living room dusting off the ceiling fan. I haven't had the chance to do it since April and my allergies have been bothering me so it desperately needed to be done. Next thing I know I hear a horrible scream from Mason. One I have only heard on occasion. I look over in the kitchen, which was the last place I saw him, and he wasn't there. He had somehow fallen out my kitchen window. The window that faces the street. It is a good 5 foot drop. My guess is that he somehow climbed in the window seal and pushed his body against the screen. I jumped off the chair and made a mad dash out the front door. He was already standing by the time I got there but was covered in dead leaves and dirt. I was horrified!!! I picked him up, and ran into the house. I ripped off his clothes to assess the situation and make sure he was alright. In the process I got leaves in his eyes which only made his crying more horrifying. So, here I am sitting on the couch, bawling along with him, holding him in my arms. He kept telling me that his tummy hurt. My guess is that his stomach hit the brick below. Now my tears were even worse. I was just holding him crying. About 3 minutes after the whole ordeal, he fell asleep. I put pressure on his stomach to see if he screamed out or showed any pain from the slight pressure. Luckily he didn't. I did it again after he woke up and he seems to be just fine. Looks like the only injury is a scratch under his chin and one on his tummy. As for my house, needless to say it didn't get done. I felt so horrible that I couldn't give them my full attention that I didn't finish. I sat in the rocking chair rocking him and crying myself until about a half hour before my visiting teachers showed up. To top it all off, I called Jeramy to tell him what happened. He laughed! All he could say, between laughing spats, was "He is such my son!" and "Be thankful he at least has all his limbs. I lost the tip of my finger before I was his age".
So to my Mother-In-Law, and all mothers out there who have children that cause you so much grief, I am so sorry and I understand!!! I never thought that Mason would fall out my window. I never thought that Mason would fall in Donny's pond. I never thought he would be so mischievous. Who would have known Kaylee would throw so many fits or pick on her brother as bad as she does. I wouldn't have thought she had it in her to tease him the way she does. Some days I feel like the worst mom in the world.
Don't get me wrong, I do love my children and would do anything for them. But, if it weren't for the cute, little things they do each day and an awful lot of prayer on my part, I would almost throw in the towel and say "I quit!" Almost!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment