Monday, March 30, 2009

Whirlwind of a Month

March has seriously flown by for me. I can't believe today is the 30th! Where did it go?!?! Here are some things that happened this month:

March 2nd, Kaylee is back to school! This is the longest stretch for her being in school. The next time she goes off track will be in May. I love having her home (most days), but it is nice to be back on a schedule.

March 11th Kaylee had her Zoo Field Trip. I had the opportunity to go with her and take Mason and Hailee with me. It was a blast! The kids loved seeing the animals that were out. It ended up being feeding time while we were there so they were able to see what they ate and how. It was kind of cold, but it did warm up towards the end of the trip. I was just glad it wasn't raining or snowing like it was the day before.

The elephants were the favorite from all of the kids. Up at the top of the picture you can see the bottom of the hay sack the elephants are eating from. They would stick their trunks inside and pull down the hay to eat. There were a lot of squeals and laughter here.

Next favorite would have to be the giraffes. I wonder if it was because they could come in and warm up.
How do you measure?!?! Here Kaylee, Mason and Hailee (the one year old I watch everyday) measured themselves up to the gorilla. These three might act like monkeys on some days. Glad they don't measure up to one!

March 14th Kaylee and I had the opportunity to go and tour the Draper Temple. It was really awesome to take her there and show her the inside. She has only been inside the lobby of Jordan River when Tracy and Donnie were sealed. I am planning on taking the whole family when the Oquirrh Mountain Temple has it's Open House this summer. She loved it!

March 17th - St. Patrick's Day! So, this is Kaylee's 2nd favorite holiday. Don't ask me how or why, but she counts down to the day. This year, since she was so excited for it, Jer and I decided to be creative and make it a special and fun day for the kids. It started out with Jeramy and Kaylee making a leprechaun trap the night before. Mason slept through it. With the way things are in the economy, I'm pretty sure anyone would jump at the opportunity to get some gold!

So they placed their trap for hopes of catching him, but to our dismay we didn't. Instead that naughty little leprechaun played little tricks on us throughout the house.

Here, in Kaylee's room, he mixed up her drawers and left some of them hanging out.

Mason's room ended up with his pajamas hanging out of his drawers.

Next to the trap, he placed a sign that said "You Can't Catch Me! Better Luck Next Year!" with green taffy all around. He turned the recliner around in the living room and placed green balloons all over the floor. He also turned the toilet water green, which Mason really didn't like. He barely peeked in to see then hurried up and flushed away any signs of the green water.

To add to the holiday, we had Lucky Charms for breakfast, Ham Sandwiches made on green rolls I found at the store for lunch, and Chinese food that night. I know, not very green. But, we did have green jello, green apple soda, and it was eaten on green plates with green forks and cups!

March 21st was a really nice, warm day but windy. We got up and ready for the day and went for a walk. It surprised me since it was initiated by Jeramy. Usually stuff like that I have to drag him around. We ended up at the park to let the kids play. We weren't there for too long before we decided it was a good day to fly a kite. We came home and got Kaylee's kite, ran to the store to buy a cheap one for Mason and headed back to the park to fly them. The kids lasted about a half an hour before they tired of flying and went and played. Mason gave up earlier. He had fun running after the kites if they fell and throwing them back up in the air. It was a perfect day!

March 27th we took the kids to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. We haven't been to the theater in a really, really long time so we were aching to go. The kids loved it. It was the first time we have seen a movie in 3D. Both kept their glasses on the entire time and jumped every time something came out at them. It was so fun to watch them. It was a blast and the movie was really cute.

Well, that about sums up the month. As for this week, nothing too exciting. I just have to worry about jury duty. Yeah me!

No comments: