Thursday, December 18, 2008

Updates About The Fam

So, I guess I haven't gotten better since my last post. I wait too long and the post ends up too long. The last 2 months have been crazy! So, since my last post, here is what has been happening with us:
1. I am so proud of my daughter! We had parent teacher conferences with Kaylee's teacher. It is so good find out how she is doing. Which, by the way, she is doing fantastic at school. Her teacher said that Kaylee is such a sweet girl. I guess Kaylee will finish an assignment before some other students then goes around helping everyone else. She is also quick to help clean up and quick in learning new things.
Also, She scored a 5 (which is the highest score possible) on everything on her report car but one thing, writing her name. She got marked down since she writes on an angle rather than straight across. Something we are working on.
2. Kaylee had her December dance recital. It was actually really cute! I was very nervous since her normal teacher was out on maternity leave and didn't teach any of the dances. Kaylee's replacement teacher ended up being a high school student and there were only three girls in Kaylee's class. We got to dress rehearsal and it seemed like none of the girls new the dance. At one point, it looked like they were just running around on the stage. But, come actual "go time", they did really good. Plus, I was impressed with her dances. Out of 4 classes, Kaylee's class was the only class that had a dance for the entire song. The rest cut half way through the song so it looked a little corny!
Oh, also, I was really shocked that my daughter knew how and landed a toe touch. That is where she jumped up in the air, kind of did the splits, touched her toes, then landed on her feet. She was the only one out of the three girls that landed it!
3. Mason has mastered the potty! I am so excited how well he has done. He no longer where diapers, pull ups, etc. anymore. Not even for night time. He has done such a good job. He hasn't had an accident since Dec 1st, which wasn't a fun accident. He messed in his Wall E underwear, which were his favorite, and I threw them away. If you ask him what happened to them, he tells you "Mom threw them away because I pooped in them". Hey, what ever gets the point across! We haven't had an accident since.
4. We finally put up our Christmas Tree. I am having a hard time getting in the spirit of Christmas. Usually by October I am listening to Christmas music, just excited for the holiday. This year, I finally turned it on last week. So, needless to say, our tree didn't go up until last Friday and decorated this past Tuesday. The kids had fun decorating. We strung popcorn to put on the tree. (Yeah, I said we. Jeramy did the first 3 feet of it and I finished). It was actually kind of fun. We put the tree up downstairs so it is easier for Santa and because I watch our friends' one year old daughter every day. She is hard enough to keep out of things as it is. I didn't need a tree added to it!
5. Kaylee's last day before Christmas break is tomorrow. She is way excited since the school is doing a Sing-Along. The kindergarten class is singing "Jingle Bells" and another song I will be honest to say I have never heard of before. It's called "When Santa Comes Down the Chimney". It's pretty cute. She gets to go in early, since she is in afternoon kindergarten, for the sing along.
6. Jeramy is doing great! He is still down on Block 75 (downtown project the church is doing). Things in the construction world have slowed down quite a bit. We are just excited that he is still getting 40 hours a week. There is a huge possibility that he will be working in Montana the entire summer. It's either there or Denver. We'll keep you posted. I'll be way sad so I might be calling a lot to keep my sanity!
7. I am doing much better. My back is almost back to normal. Some days are better than others. The only time I really have pain is usually in the mornings. I take Advil and I'm good the rest of the day.
Well, that's about it. Hope all of you have a very enjoyable Holiday Season!
Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: